Read positive books,
See positive things,
Surround yourself with positive thinkers.
As a one woman company, I'm always looking for inspiration in the things I watch, hear or read. I love coming up with new ideas and being able to run my business independently, but sometimes it can be hard to not have a team or partner to bounce ideas off. This is why I'm always on the lookout for inspiring podcasts or informative books etc. If the things you take your time to pay attention to aren't impacting you positively, you're doing it wrong!
I've even applied this to my personal life, for example, deleting people who don't impact my life off of Facebook or unfollowing those supermodels who make me less confident. Whatever it is that brings you joy or innovation should be what you welcome into your daily routine!
I thought this would be a great place and chance to share some of the things that I've been obsessed with and give ingenuous inspiration for running a business!
Podcasts I've been listening to...
Caught Off Guard- Filled with inspirational guests, this podcast is great to stick on whilst doing admin in the office. Patricia Bright talks money tips and guidance, as well as everyday advice. I've been obsessed with Patricia Bright ever since finding her on YouTube so definitely recommend if you're looking for honest, humble and informative content.
The Michelle Obama Podcast- Michelle Obama...I mean need I more?
Creative Women International- This podcast was recommended by one of our lovely Instagram followers...founder Philly Page offers really wise advice and personal experience of life as a business woman. She talks through some of the struggles and successes of business life so has been great to listen to when I'm doubting myself or just need a little reminder that patience is key.
Books I've been reading...
These books come widely recommended and I'm sure if you're a book lover you would of heard of at least a couple of these.
- Good Vibes, Good Life- Vex King: A great place to start if you are on a self-love, self-worth journey. It explores the idea of Law of Attraction and how powerful positivity can really be.
- Hype yourself- Lucy Werner: Branded as a 'no-nonsense, PR toolkit for small businesses', Lucy Werner has created a clear cut guide on how to learn the world of PR for you and your brand.
- Skincare- Caroline Hirons: Also a really no-nonsense, clear cut guide, but this time on the world of skincare. Caroline Hirons shows that it doesn't have to be complicated or scary, but instead an everyday practice!
People that are making this world a better place...
- @felicitymaeee - Felicity is a self-love blogger who I love to see pop up on my feed. I think sometimes we all need reminders that we are worthy and can achieve anything we put our minds too. On the other hand she also offers a humbling outlook that sometimes it's okay not to be okay. Her blog (which is bookmarked to my desktop✨obsessed ✨) allows a more in-depth exploration of these really important topics so be sure to check her page out! felicitymaeee.com
- @_nelly_london - Nelly London is again someone that promotes self-love and loving the bodies you are in. You will never find a photoshopped image on her page, which as a skincare business owner I love! It's so important for everyone (young people most importantly) to realise we all have bumps, texture and different skin types. So by Nelly showing these real-life pictures, encourages you to do the same. I think the word 'influencer' gets thrown about a lot these days but Nelly is easily the best example of what an influencer should be.
- @sustainablygreencaitlin - My go to page for eco tips + tricks! Sometimes I think following smaller eco accounts can be more beneficial if you're looking for a realistic journey to living a green life, and this is exactly what Caitlin offers! She lives life by remembering 'small, but big, changes' which is something so important to beauty balm as a brand. Her how to's, product recommendations and tips to live more sustainably are something I always try to incorporate into my life, so give her a follow to be inspired to live greener!
Don't hesitate to let us know your inspirational recommendations! I think I'll make this a regular blog to post as sharing is caring after all💚
Written by Beth- Founder of beauty balm.